Sunday, May 8, 2011

Catching up

The last two weeks have been very busy and I have been/currently am under the weather.  Several times, at particularly difficult moments, I called my mom for a mood boost.  Now, with Mothers Day approaching I hope that I want express my gratitude to my mom for being there and supporting me in everything - big and small, good and bad.



This week for IHCC I made Jamie Oliver's chicken salad.  I added an avocado and a celery heart that were hanging around.  Without fresh basil (and there was no way I was going to the grocery store in my sickly state) I substituted cilantro instead, it went very well with the cumin flavored almonds.  

Below is my first attempt at banh mi with fried tofu and hoisin sauce.  It was ok but next time I need to get more flavor into the tofu.  Cutting it more thinly might help as well. 


I want to wish everyone a Happy Mothers Day!  

6 comments:

  1. I hope you get around to feeling better soon! I gotta say that I love the idea of adding avocado to chicken salad. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better! Great sammies - perfect fare to give you strength.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you doing better now? I hope so!!
    Nice meal selection...the chicken salad is winner evry day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better. Thank goodness for moms who know how to lift our spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling much better. I am with Kim--love the addition of the avocado--yum! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww sweet post! And I hope you're feeling better!

    That banh mi looks delicious! A great way to infuse more flavor into tofu is to soak it in soy sauce for a bit!

    ReplyDelete